CROSSFIT SWINDON RULES, STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES
- Be on time. Arrive early to give yourself enough time to change, chat with other members, go to the lavatory and do any additional warm-up before class starts. Most likely that means showing up at least 10 minutes prior to class start time.
- Listen to the coaches. Our coaches are experienced and knowledgeable to ensure your success whilst ensuring the safety and enjoyment of you and everyone else taking part. Feel free to motivate and encourage your fellow members, but also ensure you leave the technical advice to the experts.
- Leave your ego at the door. Accidents and injuries can happen. Minimise the risk by slowing down, asking questions and asking for help. If you are feeling dizzy, light-headed, faint, weak or sick please do not continue with a session. Your safety is important to us.
- Treat equipment with respect. Some equipment such as a loaded barbell (10kg+ plates per side) is safe and can be dropped under control in the CrossFit Swindon arena. However this does not apply to unloaded barbells, kettlebells or dumbbells. We use an empty barbell a lot in class for drills, warm-ups and form work. When putting the barbell down, gently place it on the ground with the utmost care and admiration for the fine piece of equipment that it is.
- During class times the CrossFit session takes priority. We have Open Gym and personal training slots available throughout the day and a few slots available at the same time a CrossFit session is running. The coaches and members taking part have priority with regard to the space and equipment during these times so if you are not in the class please accommodate. The CrossFit session takes place in the arena and there are upstairs facilities available for other uses.
- Open Gym enables members to work on their weaknesses, develop strength and improve skills outside the CrossFit sessions. Remember to speak to coaches if you have questions about ways to enhance or compliment your training.
- Accelerate your progress. If you are interested in progressing in a certain area or towards a specific goal, speak to our coaches about personal training. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience across a broad range that can help you. This includes but is not limited to weightlifting, gymnastics, rehabilitation, nutrition, mobility, weight loss, strength and conditioning, working with pro athletes, endurance training, strongman etc.
- We strive to make your time with us the best hour of your day. Use this time to clear your mind, destress and focus on training. We want you to leave each training session stronger mentally and physically.
- A positive attitude goes a long way. The word ‘can’t’ is not in the CrossFit Swindon vocabulary. CrossFit is varied and there is no end to what you can do, there’s always room from improvement and progress. You may find one of the great things about CrossFit is the versatility. Someone may be better than you at a certain thing, but you will also have your own strengths. Only compare yourself to the person you were yesterday and keep moving forward.
- Effort is everything. Anyone can do CrossFit, the only prerequisite before you start is you try your best. CrossFit Swindon caters for all abilities so all you need to do is put the effort in.
- Memberships are based on your weekly usage. Each hour time slot is classed as 1x use. This includes CrossFit, Open Gym, Team WOD, Hero WOD and Weightlifting Club. You are welcome to come early or stay after your sessions for Open Gym but this is at the coach’s discretion and is not guaranteed.
- During a WOD if you lose count, your next rep is ‘1’. It’s important to be accountable for the work you put into your workout. It will help you set goals to progress and allow you to see the progress you are making over time. Sometimes, you can lose track of what your rep you’re on: it happens. If it does, it’s better to do a little more than to do less. It will pay off in the long run. All your workout scores can be recorded on your Wodify app.
- Recovery is important. Make sure you take rest days, it helps muscle recovery, prevent injury and keep the intensity high during training.
- Introduce yourself. There’s no better feeling than entering a CrossFit gym and having existing members introduce themselves. Whether new or existing members, greet people when you come in. CrossFit Swindon is more than just a gym, it’s a community. You too will one day benefit as everyone is last in a workout at some point. You can cheer others, grab a foam roller or just sit and enjoy the down time, but don’t just grab your bag and leave!
- Help and support others. At CrossFit Swindon we are a community who will cheer and motivate every single athlete until everyone has finished the workout. This is a common courtesy that you should try your best to observe.
- Dress code. We want you to be comfortable so as long you have gym attire and appropriate footwear you are good to go.
- Good housekeeping. You have to clean-up after yourself. If you get blood, sweat or chalk on anything – wipe it up!
- Chalk usage. Chalk stays in the chalk bucket. Yes, you’ll have to walk all the way over to the chalk bucket to your hands. While some people believe that chalk is the magic fairy dust of CrossFIt performance, the fact of the matter is that light dusting is all you need.
- Personal belongings. Place your own clothing and equipment in the changing room lockers provided and don’t leave them on the arena floor. Make sure you take all your belongings home with you after a session. You are responsible for your personal effects and we will not store them for you.
- Equipment. It’s your responsibility to get out and put away the kit you use to allocated places. Plus, by carrying that heavy kit all the way across the gym you’ll gain a lot of fitness.
- All lost property found on the premises should be handed into a CrossFit Swindon employee. Items will be stored for one month and then donated to local charities.
- Medical conditions. Please inform the coach(es) of any medical conditions before the class starts. Your safety is paramount.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home. Cancel your sessions to allow others to book and focus on resting up and getting better. You’ll make more progress getting back to full health rather than trying to push through and prolonging your recovery. Plus, nobody else wants what you’ve got! It’s your responsibility to be sensible for the benefit of your health and everyone else’s. CrossFit Swindon is not liable.
- CrossFit Swindon will always email you the most up-to-date rules and regulations governing our facility.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- CrossFit Swindon is a welcoming and inclusive community that is ideal for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, background or athletic ability. We have high standards of behaviour and integrity. Bullying, racism, homophobia or any form of discrimination are not tolerated.
- Please dispose of all rubbish in the bins provided. Alcohol, chewing gum and smoking (including e-cigarettes) are strictly prohibited.
- For health and safety reasons, we need to know who is in the gym at any given time. Therefore you MUST sign in and out. If you are joining a scheduled class this can be done by the front of house staff or by using the Wodify app. If you are here for other reasons such as personal training, treatments or you are a contractor you must sign in using the sheets on reception.
- Age restrictions. CrossFit Swindon is for use by adults or those under strict adult supervision. People aged 15-18 years are able to register on condition they have an adult’s written consent and only use the facility under adult supervision.
- Children in the gym. Children are always welcome at the gym. We just ask that they sit in the reception area while parents work out. They are not allowed at any point during the class to come onto the arena floor or training area. This is for the safety of the children and quality of athletes’ training.
- Dogs. Under management’s discretion dogs may be permitted in the gym if they are under control and not causing disruption or annoyance to staff and members. Dogs MUST be supervised at all times.
Bikes. Bikes are not permitted inside the building. Members must use bike racks provided.
- Devices. Only CrossFit Swindon staff are permitted to use company devices such as the iPad, computer and speakers. Members can use the computer or iPad for membership sign ups under the supervision of staff. The speaker volume must not be adjusted as they have been set to minimise disturbance to surrounding businesses. If the volume does need to be adjusted this is only to be done by a member of staff.
- You may not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquillisers or any medication or other substances which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- CrossFit Swindon reserves the right to remove you from the premises if it reasonably believes you are unfit to use the facility.
- CrossFit Swindon is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Membership fees shall be fixed by CrossFit Swindon and may be altered at any time. Members will be notified of any changes in the fees prior to the date of the alteration.
- Please do not take photographs/videos on the premises or post remarks to the internet that may identify another member, without their permission
- CrossFit Swindon’s liability for loss or damage to clients’ property is strictly limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of negligence of CrossFit Swindon, its staff or agents. Without exception CrossFit Swindon will not accept liability for money, valuables or other personal property of clients.
- CrossFit Swindon reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse to store any such personal property of clients.
- CrossFit Swindon cannot accept any liability for any accident to any client or guest that may occur on the premises other than the liability that may arise from negligence of CrossFit Swindon, its staff or agents.
- Any client who suffers an accident on CrossFit Swindon premises must report the accident, and the circumstances under which it occurred, to a staff member immediately following the accident.
- Neither CrossFit Swindon, its health & fitness specialist instructors or other employees, servants or agents (including every independent contractor from time to time employed by CrossFit Swindon) shall in any circumstances whatsoever be under any liability whatsoever to the applicant for any loss, damage or injury (including death) whether accidental or otherwise of whatsoever kind arising during or resulting from participating in the exercise programme.
- No Membership cancellation is valid by any other medium other than emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Month to month membership agreements must be cancelled by giving 30 days or more written notice prior to the 1st day of the calendar month in which to cancel the membership using the email method above.
- Contracted memberships may be cancelled after the agreed term has been completed.
- CrossFit Swindon is not liable to refund any monies in relation to monthly Membership agreement should the receipt of cancellation not be received 30 days before the last day of the preceding month.
- CrossFit Swindon reserves the right to refuse admission and/or to expel or suspend any client forthwith if any client shall, in the opinion of CrossFit Swindon, cause nuisance or annoyance to the other CrossFit Swindon clients or guests; and for any breach of CrossFit Swindon’s rules and regulations, or for any other reason which CrossFit Swindon may deem appropriate.
This is to confirm that CrossFit Swindon takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We strive to conform to the UK and European Data Protection laws. We do not share any information with third parties, nor do we collect or retain any information other than that necessary for us to provide our services to you.
How do we use Personal Information?
We will use your personal information necessary for us to provide our services to you. We do not share any information with unrelated third parties nor do we collect or retain any information other than is required for the provision of our products or services. Information collected during the online registration process will be stored securely. Information collected will be securely destroyed if it is no longer required by CrossFit Swindon.
Where we engage third party contractors (e.g. coaches, presenters) to perform services for us, those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances, those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this. Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity
CrossFit Swindon makes use of third party software to manage bookings, provided by Wodify. Wodify has its own privacy and data security policy with regard to client information. You can access this information here: https://www.wodify.com/privacy-policy
Security of information
Personal information collected by CrossFit Swindon and our website (www.crossfit-swindon.co.uk) is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. We will protect your personal information no matter where we process or store your data.
Changes to our Policy
From time to time, it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time and should this occur, the amendment would be posted on our website.
CrossFit Swindon operates http://www.crossfit-swindon.co.uk and may operate other websites. It is CrossFit Swindon’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, CrossFit Swindon collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. CrossFit Swindon’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how CrossFit Swindon’s visitors use its website. From time to time, CrossFit Swindon may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
CrossFit Swindon may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. CrossFit Swindon may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, CrossFit Swindon does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
CrossFit Swindon discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on CrossFit Swindon’s behalf or to provide services available at CrossFit Swindon websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors, and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using CrossFit Swindon’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. CrossFit Swindon will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organisations, as described above. CrossFit Swindon discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when CrossFit Swindon believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of CrossFit Swindon, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a CrossFit Swindon website and have supplied your email address, CrossFit Swindon may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with CrossFit Swindon and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. CrossFit Swindon takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If CrossFit Swindon, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that CrossFit Swindon goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of CrossFit Swindon may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
OUR EQUALITY & DIVERSITY STATEMENT
CrossFit Swindon Ltd Equality Statement
CrossFit Swindon Ltd are of the strong belief that opportunities should be open to all and are actively committed to providing a professional, friendly service that embraces inclusivity, diversity and the promotion of equality of opportunity.
As a Company, our goal is to ensure that these commitments are reinforced by the ethics and values that we have embedded in our day to day working practices with our Gym Members, visitors, members of the public and colleagues.
CrossFit Swindon Ltd strives to:
- Provide equality of opportunity to all the users of our Gym to participate at all levels as either a customer using our facility for the first time or a Gym Member who uses our facility on a regular basis
- Not discriminate on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief
- Develop a culture within our facility that both enables and values the involvement of all; embedding and promoting principles of both equality and fairness
- Provide a service in a way that is both fair to everyone and ensures that all customers and employees are not disadvantaged in any way
This will be achieved by:
- Promoting equality of opportunity to all the users of our facility through the service we provide
- Creating an environment which is both professional and friendly for all our Gym Members and any other visitors to the Gym
- Monitoring customer participation and feedback in order to identify and develop any areas of opportunity